Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bid Adieu to 2007 with Good Riddance Day

Have you had enough of 2007 already? With only a few more days remaining in the year, it's time to assess the successes, failures, trials and tribulations of 2007!

This year was filled with highs and lows for me - I was let go from one employer after months of lay off speculation and found a new opportunity with a really great company that has potential. That was a win in my book. I had time between jobs to spend a week with my dad in Montana - that was another win. My employer paid for me to attend a meeting in Barcelona where I was able to spend additional time with friends before going to Paris to connect with Tom and friends - another win. This year was a roller coaster, but in the end, with the benefit of hindsight, it wasn't all that bad.

What's important is to bid good riddance to the trials of 2007 and focus on making 2008 an even better year!

Here's to a great 2008, devoid of Britney Spears' BS, Lindsay "LiLo" Lohan, and Paris "Poor Me" Hilton headlines. Also, resolution of the mortgage crisis, presidential candidates who focus on their own capability to broker real solutions and lead the country, and peace in the Middle East with the terrorists realizing that intimidation and violence are not the only means of achieving their political aims would be nice accomplishments for the year.

Peace and Happy New Year!

Jeffery

No comments: